- Gauge '3' Society
- A group promoting the modeling of scenic railways in Gauge 3.
- Abbey castings
- Richard is one of our suppliers of more difficult brass castings.
- ABC Gears
- This company sells high quality gearboxes and motors suitable for Gauge 3.
- CMA Moldform
- A family company who are probably the best resin moulders in the UK. They
do various other types of casting etc too.
- Cliff Barker
- Cliff manufactures the plastic chairs and sleepers for the Gauge 3 Society.
- One of the companies we use for lost wax brass castings. Their web site has
a nice section which explains the casting process.
- A manufacturer of Gauge 3 locomotives and a few items of rolling stock.
- Cumberland Model Engineering
- This American site charts the modelling of one man in Gauge 3, before he
switched to an even larger scale.
- Tad is a Gauge 3 modeller and a wiz with a laser cutter!
- Devon Metalcrafts
- One of the companies we use for lost wax brass castings.
- GLR Distributors
- They sell plans, castings etc for at least one Gauge 3 locomotives.
- GNR Society
- Very helpful group who provided details for our GNR kit.
- Garden Railway Specialists
- The largest manufacturer of Gauge 3 locomotives and rolling stock
with a very swish web site.
- Grainge & Hodder
- Probably the oldest-established photo-etching firm in the model arena. They
need a printed master to work from.
- Laurie Griffin
- Laurie does not market anything for Gauge 3, but has made some of the
patterns for my own kits.
- Alan makes a large range of superb cast iron wheels.
- London & North Western Railway Society
- The Premier Society for the Premier Line. A thriving group
who cater for anyone interested in the LNWR and thus a source of
information on LNWR wagons and just about everything else too.
- 'LNWR Wagons vol.1' book
- The only book written so far about LNWR wagons. This volume
covers open wagons, cattle wagons, timber, glass and furniture wagons,
plus sections about Earlestown Works, where most of them were built and
the standard design features. At this link you will also find an older
book which covers some LNWR wagons in the LMS era.
- Model Engineers Laser
- We have never seen the products from this company, but they list several
parts suitable for Gauge 3.
- National 2½in Gauge Association
- A group promoting the engineering of live steam passenger-hauling
- Dave Noble
- For those who (like us) like finely detailed models in any scale, Dave Noble
takes some beating.
- Old Time Workshop
- Simon makes transfers for all scales, including Gauge 3.
- A well-establish photo-etching company that can work direct from your CAD
- Potty Productions
- No, don't laugh at the name, these people make dolls houses and sell
architectural details in 1/24 scale, which is close to Gauge 3.
- S and D Models
- Station Road Steam
- These people buy and sell steam models. They often have Gauge 3 in stock.
If not, then look at their archive pictures for inspiration, or their list of LBSC designs for ideas.
- The Wagon & Carriage Works
- Mainly a supplier of Gauge 1 models and kits, they also
sell some very nice Gauge 3 parts including some of their own manufacture.
- Mark Wood
- Mark makes wheels, axles, axleboxes and all sorts of bits for Gauge 1, and
also some Gauge 3.
|© 2004- Williams Models
||Updated: 14th May 2016